LearnMe offer unemployed learnership modules for learners and companies throughout South Africa. Wherever you are in South Africa, we can come and present these learnerships at your workplace.
Funded (by SETA) Unemployed Learnership
An unemployed learnership can be funded by the SETA (Sector Education Training Authority). The company will have to apply for a discretionary grant to get funding from the relevant SETA. The funding is at the discretion of the SETA.
Unemployed Learnership Questions Answered
Do you have questions about unemployed learnerships? Please read on.
Some unemployed learnership are unfunded, meaning that the client or the company fund the learnerships themselves.
An unemployed learnership is a work-based learning program combined with theory, that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Unemployed learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing, or project management.
Unemployed learnerships are managed by the SETA. They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace.
Unemployed learnerships are based on a learnership agreement between an employer, a learner, and a training provider. This agreement is intended to set out the tasks and duties of the employer, the learner, and the training provider. The learnership agreements ensures that quality training is provided and it protects the interests of each party.
An unemployed learnership requires that a learner enter a fixed term employment contract with the company whilst studying towards a qualification registered by SAQA (South African Quality Assurers) and accredited by the relevant SETA. The stipend payable to the learner is as per the sectorial determination for learnerships. The duration of the learnership can be 12 months. The unemployed learners will receive a stipend from the company hosting for the duration of the learnerships.
- Improve your talent pool. Unemployed learnerships are an effective strategy to ensure that your business is empowered by the relevant skills over a long term.
- Grow your people in line with the business strategy.
- Increase your BBBEE scores. Skills development is now a priority element of the BBBEE scorecard and the implementation of unemployed learnerships will enable you to maximize on this element of your scorecard.
- Mandatory and Discretionary funding. Plan to include unemployed learnerships in the PIVOTAL section of your WSP and apply to the SETA for discretionary funding.
- Leverage Tax Rebates. Treasury’s extension of the unemployed learnership tax rebates enables you to claim rebates.
We provide valuable information on a regular basis that will assist you as a business owner or a learner. If you are a business owner or director, please fill in your best email to receive these informative newsletters. If you are a learner, please fill in your best email to receive our newsletter that is relevant to learnerships.